Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello Jerusalem :)

Well, what a long day. Said goodbye to the parents at Luton Airport around 11:00am before my flight left the ground around 12:45. Flight seemed longer than 5 hours, especially with little leg room and the fact that I can't sleep on planes... Anyway, got through the airport ok and took a shared Nesher taxi to the Abraham Hostel in central Jerusalem. I'm meeting interesting people already, shared the taxi with a London solicitor who gave me a run down on the history of the local politics and had a chat to a civil servant in the Scottish parliament!!! Got to the hostel after experiencing the mad late night driving and got settled pretty quickly. I'm sharing a dorm with three others so still got plenty more people to meet :). I'm writing this from the computer room with an ice cold coke and listening to the karaoke upstairs. It sure is a lively place with a great atmosphere. Orientation tomorrow morning along with a walking tour of Jerusalem so I should have some good photos. Can't wait to get cracking and get some photos taken. Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment