Thursday, March 27, 2014

Langtang Trek: Day 4 - Langtang Village to "Super View" Guest House

Day 4 was only a half day of trekking, although the the effort and illnesses of the last few days were starting to catch up with some of the group. Strangely though, I was still feeling absolutely fine, I only had the standard light headache from the altitude. Laura had a bad stomach and Rebecca was completly exhausted. Nevertheless we headed out into a chilly but sunny morning (with more incredible mountain views) at 8:30. I couldn't quite believe where I was that day, the views were simply amazing. We shared the trekking trail with a number of Yaks that day, the locals use them for making curd (which was sold pretty much everywhere!). Our guest house for that evening lay at 3,850 meters and was surrounded my mountains. We had the afternoon off so we based ourselves in the dining room, covered ourselves with blankets and chatted away the afternoon. 

We had also reached our highest guest-house of the trek (plus morale was a little low), so I dished out my stash of "Boost" bars I'd been saving for the occasion to the group. Mum and Dad had bought them from Oman as I couldn't find them in Kathmandu. After dinner that night we were all soon in bed, a 5am wake up the next day awaited!

Mid-morning view on the trail, amazing views :)

Me soaking it all in :) 

Zoe approaches a Stupa in the last hour of walking 

Me and Ollie during a break, the stone structure over my shoulder contains water powered prayer wheels 

Nearing the end of the day's walking, views didn't disappoint all day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment